The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU. The GDPR aims primarily to give control to citizens and residents over their personal data.
We are committed to making sure we protect your privacy. This means we will:
• collect relevant information about you fairly
• only collect information about you that we need
• tell you why we’re collecting it and how we’ll be using it
• use it only for our business operations and to comply with the law
• make sure that the information we collect and hold about you is accurate
• hold it only for so long as is necessary
• keep it secure
• share it only with companies and organisations who’ll keep it secure
• not send it abroad without ensuring its security
• make sure that you can exercise your rights under the Data Protection Act.
This following Privacy Notice gives further information on how we use your data.
Whilst the majority of pupil information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it is provided to us on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation, we will inform you whether you are required to provide certain pupil information to us or if you have a choice in this.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, parents and pupils have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, make changes, make or withdraw consent or be given access to your child’s educational record, contact:
The Office Manager
Telephone: 02392 341133
You can also view your child’s information by downloading the SIMS Parent App and requesting access to your child’s data.
Android – SIMS Parent App
iOS – SIMS Parent App